Building regulations are changing to make buildings more energy efficient, taking effect from the 30th of June 2022 for all new applications.
The main changes are:
- Improvement in emissions performance.
- Improvement in building fabric performance.
- Electric generated by renewable technologies e.g., Solar PV panels, air source heat pump & ground source heat pump.
How to achieve these new regulations:
- Increased levels of insulation throughout all the building envelope elements.
- Fully designed air tightness system and detailing to achieve a good airtight test at the completion of the build. A lower result will add points to the final EPC.
- Fully designed MVHR system to ensure airtightness and thermal bridging is not compromised.
- Advanced thermal bridge detailing (reduced cold bridges) to eliminate heat loss through junctions in the building.
- Possible inclusion of renewable energy technologies.
- Design in high levels of insulation with specialist details.
- Design & thermally model our own thermal, bridge free junctions of the external envelope.
- Design our own air tightness junctions & details and co-ordinate air tightness application on site.
- Conduct preliminary air tests on all our low energy projects to ensure all areas have been properly addressed prior to ‘closing up’.
We also offer a range of bespoke pre-designed ECOHomes that can be fully customised.
We use all of @ECOHomes Store airtightness and thermal bridge elimination products!
For more information, get in touch today!
028 2587 8650